Tuesday, March 5, 2013

But, seriously, mother-FUCK the Grim Reaper.

I'll grimly rape his punk ass.

Hello Knuckleheads, and salutations to all the new people finding your way to my bloggity blog.

Today, I want to grind a gear known as "procrastination". It has many forms. But, the ones that bother me the most are the ones that effect your life to a degree that it changes your life path, your emotional well, or your physical presence on the planet.

Here's a severe instance that I'm sure you all have seen me write about before. My bestfriend Josh. (Richards) You see, in college, him and I were inseparable. We would plan times to hang out, and date girls that were friends, just so that we didn't have to split up our time.We were gentleman, as well as beasts. I was a kickboxing monster, and he was a basketball guru. Together we were like a bug zapper on a summer day...people were drawn to us, only to be blinded by the light, and fried upon getting too close. Then, (and I don't even remember what it was), we had an argument. Just before school was out for the summer. He went home for the summer, and I stayed for summer school. Then, I get a call one day asking if I'd read the newspaper. I hadn't, but the girl that called rushed right over...

I had started to dial his number numerous times. Ego...pride maybe?...got in the way. I wanted him to know I still thought about him, but...well...

The newspaper had no feelings. It had no tact. It was just there, bluntly, in black and white. Josh had been hit by a drunk driver and killed on impact. I would never be able to tell him I was sorry. Ever.

Too often we take shit for granted. That it's going to be there tomorrow for us to fix, embrace, or conquer.We think, "I like this girl, but I'll just wait a bit longer to see if she likes me, or get my life more in order, or...what-the-fuck-ever...", when life doesn't wait for anyone. Time doesn't stop ticking, because you can't make up your mind, or are afraid to take a chance. As the saying goes; "You can't win the lottery, without buying a ticket." Tell her you think she's amazing. If she likes you, she'll find a way to make it work. There is no such thing as perfect timing. There are fortunate events, but perfection is a myth. Love is a valuable commodity. It makes life easier, and if you have the opportunity to have it in your life, then you should seize it with all your might, and then worry about the little things that fall around it. Bills come and go. The pressure from your job will always be there. The family will always be a pain in your ass. But, love isn't something you should take a risk on missing out on.

Same goes with your health. "I'm going to start working out tomorrow." Yeah...that becomes next week, month, year...and before you know it, you're 50 years old getting a quadruple bypass, and the doctor says you could have prevented it by eating right and exercising years before. A solid sign that procrastination can actually kill you. Which, can also lead to depression, anxiety, and bitterness.

Which is the last little bitch of mine. CHEER THE FUCK UP PEOPLE!!! Motherfucker......people find more and more shit to find negative in this world anymore, and less and less positive shit. Everyone I know says shit like "I hope tomorrow is better than today.". Well, you're still awake enough to fucking spill that negative bile onto my lap, which means you have the time to find something fun, positive, and life affirming to do while you're awake to change the direction of your energy. It goes right back to love...don't ever take shit for granted...and stop being in the "pursuit" of things. Stop chasing happiness. Stop chasing love. Stop chasing a healthy lifestyle. Start LIVING these things. Embrace them. Own them. Then, once it's a part of your life, teach others to do the same. Hug more. Bitch less. You'll be surprised how fast life slips away from you. Before you know it, you've got a gray hair on your bean bag, and your ankles pop when you stand up to go piss.

Life is short people. We're a flash in the pan on this big blue marble.If the planet is billions of years old, you're a flea fart in a hurricane to the world. So, if you're that fleeting, then make the most of it. Kiss the people you love. Hug someone that looks down. Fuck someone like you're going to die in an hour, and it's the last time you're ever going to get laid. Give more. Take less.

But, most of all...

Keep knuckling on.

- Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment