Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My ship...

I am the Captain of my own ship. In this ship I carry all of those people that are within my Life. My family, my friends, casual acquaintances and those in between. Some are above deck, some are below. Some help paddle my boat, and others are trying to drill holes in the bottom without me knowing. On occasion I am the only one paddling, but on occasion I thoughtlessly hand someone a drill. The problem with this, is the holes that sink my boat aren't easily patched, and that this now leaky ship is slowly sinking and I'm carrying all those I care about with me. So, being that I don't want to bring them down with me, I patch, and I patch, and I patch. The problem with all of this patching is that I don't have time to paddle anymore. So, here I sit, adrift at sea, patching holes in a ship that I call my own. I will figure out how to get these holes all patched. I will stop giving the power to drill those holes to those that are drilling them. And, most of all, I will stop drilling some of those holes myself. I will find only those that want to paddle. I will find those that are willing to help raise my sails, and I will progress, and eventually find land. Until then, I am gathering up drills, I have a bag full of patches and I am a determined man.

There are positions to be held on my ship that still remain open. I need people to help me patch, and people to help me paddle. I need people to help me steer, and people to help me navigate. I don't want to guide my ship through this endless sea alone, and I hope....and I pray....that I find a crew willing to go this distance with me.

-Johnny

P.S. Also, if someone could point me in the direction of Mermaid Island....thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment