Saturday, February 27, 2010

Frank was first...

...then came me.


So, I wrote this poem....

Alright, I know I'm a huge geek for being so obsessed with Sinatra...but, I guess there is worse things to be obsessed with. Anyhow, I wrote this poem awhile back....well, couple of years I guess....so, I'd like to share this with the few friends that I have that do actually read my blogs, because I kind of feel it works on the level of myself and whom I wrote it for:

Ode to Frank
by Johnny Mangano

With a clink of the ice,
With a splash of the whisky,
A man with a Fedora,
Whom is as calm as he is frisky.

"I like to drink it not skate on it."
He says to the barkeep,
Noticing his glass is filled to the brim,
With more than an ice heap.

"Cent'anni!" come the salud,
With reverence and feeling,
Having every eye on him,
With a presence that's stealing.

The trust, the honesty,
A feeling so grand,
That a man can hold your attention,
In the palm of his hand.

Respect and appreciation is all this man asks,
For all he has given,
For all of his tasks.
So here is the respect you so much deserve,
I'll say it with clarity,
My words cannot swerve.

A man is a legend....
And we all must thank,
The Chairman of the Board,
"We all miss you Frank!"

No comments:

Post a Comment