Sunday, February 19, 2012

He's Probably Already Smelled Your DNA....

Lots of things happen in 20 years. The fall of the Berlin Wall. The Iraq War. 9/11. A few Olympics. But, one thing remains steadfast. My best friend. Bust my/his balls if you want, but I'm writing this to tell you all I don't take this shit for granted. How many people do you hear about nowadays talking about their bestfriend of over 20 years? 10 years? 5 years?  Not many, I promise you that. For fuck's sake, you barely hear of MARRIAGES lasting over 10 anymore! So, as I respect the time, I also respect my friend. I'm the guy at the bar he gives his wallet to, so it doesn't get stolen, yet he tells me what to order when the next round is due (yet, never once asks me if I've ordered anything outside of what he's ordered, because he trusts me that much). I'm the man he tells to keep an eye on his wife, while he goes to the restroom. I'm the guy that he calls to ask advice on something he knows I know nothing about. I'm the friend he tells shit to, that he has barely told himself. - - - - Bestfriends, like us, don't exist anymore...and, it's not that I want to shove it down the world's throat, but....I want to shove it down the world's throat...It takes a certain amount of effort. It takes an uncanny amount of tolerance.(that oddly enough, once accepted, takes little to no effort to maintain) It takes an unleveled amount of trust. But, most of all, it takes a bond that most people will never feel, let alone, experience. With all that said...thank you brother...let's continue to show these fools how it's done. Let your dedication to our friendship, be a guiding light to the women that want to be my half.

You owe me a handy for this,
Knuckles

No comments:

Post a Comment