Sunday, February 19, 2012

With a Blog Blog here, and a Blog Blog there...

What inspires you? What makes you want to write? To paint? To exercise? When you think of inspiration, is it something you have to search for? Or is it around every corner in your life?

Inspiration to me is something that hides in plain sight. It can be elusive at times, but when I find it, it comes with a thunder. It can be a friendship, it can be a movie, it can be a book I'm reading, or it can be something as simple as the silence around me.

When I write, I try to pay forward the inspiration. You create a foundation for your future by building up those around you.

Imagine if you will, your life is a pyramid. It takes a long, long time to build the foundation. It has to be stable, well planned, and without falter. It is the key to the next level, and the level after that. While most people want to rush to get the foundation built, because all they really want is to set the final piece at the top, I tend to spend more time on my foundation. Each friend represents a brick. The stronger friends belong at the base, because they are the key to this whole thing not toppling over halfway through the process. These people are key to future inspiration, because even if you're halfway done, and you forget how to build "Strong and Steady", you can always go back to square one and see what you did right, so that you don't go wrong.

Now, once you have your pyramid built, you can admire it, and go back to individual pieces and find true inspiration in each one. The older you get, the farther along you get on your behemoth of a structure, and you know that you've had to get rid of a faulty piece here and there so that you wouldn't look down and see the whole thing falling apart, because one key piece turned out to destroy those around it.

But, with each brick, comes it's own story. It has it's own life, and it's own thoughts that are connected to it. You respect that piece for being there, and you feel better for having put forth such a great effort for it's place in your pyramid.

After you lay that last brick atop your masterpiece, you stand back, and take it all in. You see the value of what you've accomplished, and you feel content. This is what inspires me. Letting each block in my life know that it is truly a piece of my world that I cannot live without. I need them there to support me when the bricks halfway up seem to be getting loose. I need them there to help me not lose hope for the top being secured one day. But, most of all I need them there to keep me inspired. To keep me passionate about life, love, future, and all in between.

It's these friends, and family that make up my existence. It's these people that inspire me to write, to exercise, to cook fantastic meals, and to generally be a better human than I was the day before. I admire them for being better than me in certain areas of life, and that...as you may have guessed...inspires me.

So, thank you all for being such detrimental pieces to my pyramid. Thank you all for supporting me when I needed it most. Thank you all for being my strength when I was at my weakest.

But, most of all.......thank you all for, being.

Respectfully yours,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment